National Poetry Month

>> 4.10.2009

April is National Poetry Month, and this year, for the first time I'm participating in the Poetic Asides Poetry Challenge 2009. The challenge is to pen 30+ poems during the month of April, one for each day except Tuesday, then it's "Two For Tuesday".

As such, most of what you will be seeing is poetry, and it will be in a rough draft stage. The challenge is to write the poems - not the quality. As I've always been told, you can't revise what hasn't been written yet. By the way, I actually do write prose -- as a general rule, that is my preferred form. (There are a few items in earlier postings if you're interested.)

For additional information on National Poetry Month, please visit:
http://www.poets.org/page.php/prmID/41

If you would like to accept the challenge, visit:
http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/

Happy Writing!

1 comments:

Feeby Neko 4/14/09, 3:52 AM  

I think I'll definitely take a look at it, no promises as to my participation but I'll be paying attention. ;) You go for it, girl!

About This Blog

The name for this blog was inspired by a quote by Nietzsche, below.

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I plan on this being the start of an incredible journey of discovery and creativity. I invite you to bring your pen, and come dance with me!

BlogCatalog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP