Red Dirt Book Festival

>> 11.08.2009

Spent Friday and Saturday at the Red Dirt Book Festival in Shawnee, OK.  It is a biennial event put together by the library system that brings authors, poets, scholars together with book lovers and aspiring writers.

I really enjoyed it; learned a few things, got to see some of my favorite authors.  Even spoke with some of them.  Everyone was approachable, and more than willing to give of their time and experiences.  I was privileged to hear Sharon Sala, Jordan Dane, Billie Letts, Mel Odem, Michele Bardsley, and several others speak.  Got a chance to actually meet and hold a short coversation with Michele Bardsley who is very gracious and congenial.

All in all - a great experience which refreshed my commitment to writing.  I also have an opportunity to submit a written work of up to 3,000 words to the Red Dirt anthology which is only open to which participants and registered attendees.  Deadline is December 15, 2009.  So, now I have to determine what to submit. 

1 comments:

Michele Writes 11/12/09, 6:25 AM  

You were charming, too, lady. Much luck to you as you pursue your writing goals. You can do it!

~Michele :-)

About This Blog

The name for this blog was inspired by a quote by Nietzsche, below.

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I plan on this being the start of an incredible journey of discovery and creativity. I invite you to bring your pen, and come dance with me!

BlogCatalog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP