Clouds in Your Eyes

>> 7.26.2013

I see the clouds
in your eyes,
amassing like thunderheads
on a not-so-distant horizon,
the blue deepening
to storm-tossed grey,
brows compressing

you cut your eyes to me
striking lightening -
my heart quivers, but
I remain unyielding;
It’s not in your best interest
to give way.

Then comes the rains –
solid sheets of tears
streaming down your face,
and like unswerving water
it dissolves my steadfastness.
I am no rock to remain
solid, unmoved by this natural storm.

Your smile breaks,
sunlight through clouds,
a wondrous light, my child,
wrapping tenaciously around
my heart. What miraculous defeat,
routed by the love of a child.

And after all, it’s only a puppy.



0 comments:

About This Blog

The name for this blog was inspired by a quote by Nietzsche, below.

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I plan on this being the start of an incredible journey of discovery and creativity. I invite you to bring your pen, and come dance with me!

BlogCatalog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP