Quote for Today: A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

>> 2.16.2010

"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . . Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.  They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.  They may teach you something you have never done.  They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant."

~ Author Unknown

 
(Recently, my family has had some difficulties - ill health of aging parents.  That experience really started me to think about what's to come in the future, of a time of loss that may be closer than I think.  Suddently, I came across this quote.  I had discovered it about a year or so ago and loved it.  So I copied it down and filed it away.  Today, there it was.  It brought me comfort, so I decided to share this with all of you in the hopes that it will strike the same cord.  I hope you enjoy it.)

3 comments:

Margaret Hall 2/17/10, 10:11 AM  

You have a very lovely, talent-filled blog and thank you for sharing your quote..it is indeed soothing...I wish you well with your family difficulties...
Margaret...
http://imagesinthought.blogspot.com

S. Susan Deborah 2/20/10, 11:49 AM  

Lisa:

How well you describe the delicate of emotional bonds.

I liked the title of your blog. Imagining pens doing a waltz!!! Wow! No gender, only pens.

Hereafter I am following your writings.

Looking forward.

Joy and peace,
Susan

June_Butterfly 2/27/10, 12:43 AM  

This is a very enlightening piece of work.I can truly relate to it,as i have the same thoughts.

But lately loss of dear people kinda brought questions.I'm so glad for this writing.Brought me comfort and wisdom.

Great Piece!

About This Blog

The name for this blog was inspired by a quote by Nietzsche, below.

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I plan on this being the start of an incredible journey of discovery and creativity. I invite you to bring your pen, and come dance with me!

BlogCatalog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP