Twitter Poetry (#poetwe)

>> 1.09.2010

I'm attempting something new - Twitter poetry.  Twitter allows for short, only 140 characters, which does include spaces, dashes, and all punctuation.  So I'm attempting to use this format to write poetry.  I'm finding it somewhat difficult.  I tend to be wordy, so expressing the thought, the intent within this form takes some effort.  Not as much as a 6 word story, but enough.  So,  here's my first Twitter Poem, or as I call it #poetwe.

This was to commemorate the blizzard most of Northeastern Oklahoma experienced on Christmas Eve of 2009.  This was only the third blizzard in recorded weather statistics which is in the last 100 years.  Sustained winds of 35 m.p.h. with gusts up to 60 m.p.h.  Final total for Tulsa was 5.8 inches; I live about 35 - 40 miles south and east, and we received about 7 inches of snow.  Needless to say, it was a very quiet Christmas.  Stayed home, bundled up, and read or watched t.v.  Hope your Christmas was warm and loving!


blizzard wind howls in the trees /
overwhelms land with icy flakes /
dancing like manic fireflies /
dangerous beauty full of frigid ire

4 comments:

Rosaria Williams 1/9/10, 9:21 PM  

You have a talent for the quick and the pretty.

Bernadine 1/10/10, 12:44 PM  

I must say poetry for twitter would be quite the undertaking as I tend to be much too wordy too. I think you did a great job with the blizzard poem though. I'll have to find you there and follow.

Anonymous 1/11/10, 7:18 PM  

Success to you Lisa, there is a blogger (cannot remember the name) that does short stories, 300 words...I am always in awe at such talent. You will be great, good luck.

Ann Martin Photography BLOG 1/20/10, 11:35 PM  

The phrase, "blizzard wind" is incredibly vivid. Great job!

About This Blog

The name for this blog was inspired by a quote by Nietzsche, below.

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I plan on this being the start of an incredible journey of discovery and creativity. I invite you to bring your pen, and come dance with me!

BlogCatalog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP