Little Treasures

>> 4.11.2012

In my hand, I hold a treasure
that smells of paste, ink, and wonder;
Open the cover, cross the portal,
and wander through wrinkled time;

fall down the rabbit hole
and travel into the future;
take a magic carpet ride
and rub the genie’s lamp;

float down the Nile
or sail the seven seas;
ride a camel through the desert
to play riddle-me-this with the Sphinx;

hear a tale of cabbages and kings
or retrieve the sword from the stone;
watch the ponies frolicking in the surf
and hear the sirens sing;

peruse the emperor’s new duds
or visit the Hobbit’s burrow;
dance with the Gentry in the night
or see the smile fading in the trees,

open my eyes and open my heart,
lift my soul and guide my dreams.
All this and so much more, can
be found within the pages of a book,

and what a wondrous, marvelous thing.

0 comments:

About This Blog

The name for this blog was inspired by a quote by Nietzsche, below.

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I plan on this being the start of an incredible journey of discovery and creativity. I invite you to bring your pen, and come dance with me!

BlogCatalog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP