Shall I . . . ?

>> 10.05.2009

You say that you can’t go on, that it all feels too much . . .


Shall I agree that this is the only way, that nothing will ever improve?

Shall I grant you permission, or solace, or your need for forgiveness?

Shall I give you leave to end your life upon this Earth?

No, that I will not do.


Shall I sing a song of tear-cried rivers from anguished souls left behind?

Shall I tell you of my angry heart that rages against allowing your light to die?

Or, shall I fight for you, and with you until the day you draw your last breath?

Oh, yes, THAT I will do.

4 comments:

Nevine Sultan 10/5/09, 7:22 PM  

Your voice is pained, anxious, honest, and sincere. A beautiful piece about an ugly reality...

Anonymous 10/8/09, 6:23 PM  

Congratulations, you've been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award. Visit my latest post to pick up your award.

Cecelia's Place 10/25/09, 12:36 PM  

Strong write expresses a sincere and deep friendship. It is always difficult to go through the bad times with friends but that's what we do. Thanks Cecelia

Blanca 10/29/09, 11:17 AM  

I like the way the image fallows your path.

About This Blog

The name for this blog was inspired by a quote by Nietzsche, below.

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I plan on this being the start of an incredible journey of discovery and creativity. I invite you to bring your pen, and come dance with me!

BlogCatalog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP